President: Marilyn Zuch
We, the members of the Good Shepherd Women’s Club, united in Christian fellowship and spirituality, will offer friendship and support to each other and assist the church family as needed.
GOOD SHEPHERD WOMEN’S CLUB
INVITATION TO JOIN
The Good Shepherd Women’s Club is focused on four areas: spiritual, service, social and our Good Shepherd “Family”.
Our past year’s activities demonstrated our commitment to these goals. Some of those activities included:
- We began the year with a DVD that introduced Pope Francis.
- We hosted two Feed Your Body, Feed Your Soul events during Lent, and a one-day Novena in November.
- We joined with women from other area churches and hosted a Saturday event called “Dare to Be”, attended by over 90 women from the McCormick Community.
- In 2014 we formed an outreach committee whose purpose is to coordinate with various churches and reach members of the community who may be in need of interaction and fellowship. Their first luncheon was held in May 2014. On February 21, 2015, this committee, along with several area churches, will host a second luncheon at our Parish Life Center.
- In addition, we were able to give financial support to the McCormick First Steps program, Good Shepherd’s Angel Tree, McCormick Children’s Home, McCormick Girl Scouts and the MACK art program. In November, we furnished warm clothing to four families in need and conducted a Thanksgiving Food Drive for the McCormick Food Pantry. At our monthly meetings we collected items for the Senior Center and Hospice House.
- We sponsored several craft days, lunch outings, etc. Our Christmas Brunch has become a special holiday treat. All of these activities are available to women of the parish as well as their guests. Even those “non-crafters” found that fellowship made the time worthwhile and fun.
Good Shepherd Family
- Perhaps our most important goal is to help develop a sense of family among our parishioners. Women’s Club members were responsible for a farewell reception for Father Wodecki and a welcome reception for Father Sayer. We organized and prepared food for funeral luncheons, participated in McCormick’s Gold Rush Parade with our float, co-sponsored Oktoberfest with the Men’s Club and supported their annual golf outing, and hosted a reception following the choir’s Christmas concert. In addition, members have organized a transportation schedule, coordinated by Pat O’Haire, to Augusta two days per week for another member’s dialysis treatment.
We plan to continue this agenda in 2015. Please consider joining our organization (if you haven’t already done so). Perhaps you’re not able to attend our meetings. We have plenty of other opportunities to participate. Your help and financial support are vital to the success of our organization. We meet the second Wednesday of each month. Please join us at our next meeting.
Dues are $10 per year. Simply place your check (made payable to Good Shepherd Women’s Club) or cash, in an envelope labeled Good Shepherd Women’s Club and place it in the weekly collection.
Marilyn Zuch, President Christine Benedetto, Secretary
Kathy Kiernicki, Vice-President Ginny Vose, Treasurer